Thread: WEC 2016 WEC Discussion
View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2016, 00:42 (Ref:3673877)   #1237
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry, but that doesn't fly. This has been a problem in regards to range and refueling flow for at least over a year now, if not longer. Also, if you wanna see "little league" being administered by BOP or caution flags, look at IMSA or NASCAR. Even if the yellow comes out for a legit reason, the WEC is clearly not using all their options. Safety Zones, like at Le Mans, are much more fair than the current FCY stuff.

Even a full pace car situation is more fair. Yes, it's more time consuming and if no one pits, the leaders lose a majority of their lead, but at least positions don't get shuffled unless teams pit and those who pit before a FCY get their positions back if they don't pit when others do. And if they don't get their positions back, they at least make up most of the time lost.

Maybe you should read DSC or listend to Radio Le Mans, because they've been complaining about the refueling/fuel tank range stuff since Le Mans in 2015, and they've not been on board with how the WEC runs their FCY vs Slow Zones since Nurburgring this year. And I agree with them.

Again, getting into these political arguments and such is why I've enjoyed following motorsports and talking about it less and less, and I am about ready to take my ball and go home. I've already largely done that on one forum, and I have no regrets about it.