Thread: WEC 2016 WEC Discussion
View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2016, 04:39 (Ref:3673975)   #1239
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Then enforce the slow zones and penalize those who don't. If you don't remember, the same thing happened with both SMP cars during COTA by being given 20 second stop and hold penalties for either speeding or going too slow under a FCY.

Also, the ACO don't seem to have a problem with it at LM, so why's it a problem in a sprint race?

I'm tired of seeing Porsche getting lucky wins when they didn't have the performance to win on their own merit alone. When Audi have had issues of their own making, it's on them. When they've had random issues like at Mexico that could happen to anyone, that's racing. But being stiffed by FCYs coming out after they pit and Porsche haven't, is kinda getting old.

Also, this inherently favors Porsche over Toyota, because at Mexico and COTA, Toyota's early race pace compared to Porsche gives Porsche an edge that if Toyota becomes competitive from mid-race onwards, or even slightly faster, they can't make up unless they go off strategy. In that case, like with Audi right now, is to basically double stint tires when Porsche can't. But as of now, I can't see Toyota being much easier on their tires than Porsche is.

Yet, I don't see anyone saying that Toyota aren't getting screwed by this, even though they are a bit, though to a lesser extent then Audi have been.

If Freitas wants to neutralize the field, use the pace car. I don't like seeing most of an overall or class leaders' lead evaporate, but it doesn't result in positions getting shuffled. Or use the slow zones and rigorously enforce the speed limit. Pull drivers who egregiously break the limit out of the cars for the rest of the race if need be, but show that you mean business. As I've said, the WEC doesn't have this issue at Le Mans.