View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2800299)   #69
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanciarally View Post
G'day all,
I have just joined and was looking at an old thread on the Colin Bond Alfa 75. In the 90's I was working in an Italian car specialst workshop and the ex Colin Bond Alfa was brought in by one of our customers to work on. In the thread I noticed that someone mentioned a lack of power from the car, I have a very clear memory of it on our dyno, it did only have 400 BHP, but it had in excess of 1100 ftlbs of torque at about 4 to 5000 revs. I can not remember the exact range. But I do recall seeing it at several meetings and it was a very quick car but I would guess not an easy car to drive.
Merry christmas to all.
Warm welcome lanciarally!

The Bond Turbo car had 400 brake??? Jeez, that's a lot more than the M3's had at the time (and not that far off early Sierra Cosworth power!). I always thought the 75 had promise, was nearly on M3 pace in Europe as the factory got to grips with the reliability (after all it was a new car in 1987) but it remains to be seen how it would've continued to fare with continued development on the car had the WTCC continued.