View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2011, 23:17 (Ref:2837699)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
That would be my thought too - an afterlife as a sports sedan. I think it has been mentioned that the Bond-75 ended its life in a crash during such a race, but memory might be playing up!

The car was supposedly a Belgian Luigi Racing prepared car with a promised 280 bhp by early 1987. Actual measures suggested that the rating was closer to 220 bhp, but by the end of the season their own programme had it up to 320 bhp.

In the Italian series the 75 TE was quoted at 400 bhp by 1990, but running to altered Group A regulations - one of the major differences from proper Group A was the size of the intercooler.

Jesper
Werent there 2 Bond Alfa 75's? The one that crashed in Mr Cesario's hands at Bathurst 1987 was seriously donald ducked, and a 75 appeared for Mr Bond at later events that year...

Mr Beninca was on the engine tweaking mode by then wasnt he? Difficult without a fully programmable ECU (MoTeC was a couple of years away at that point...) to unleash the beast of course, intercooler issues not withstanding...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods