Thread: FIA GT Race No FIA GT World Cup for 2020?
View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2020, 20:19 (Ref:3955989)   #10
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2Motorsport View Post
If I remember correctly these three races clashed last year as well.
They did, with a couple of caveats: the Nurburgring date was announced before anyone knew how the WEC Superseason was going to work. When Silverstone was announced, SRO changed Nurburgring from Endurance to Sprint. This year WEC was always likely to start 5/6 Sep (previous weekend at Silverstone is MotoGP) but SRO put Nurburgring there anyway and this time they have left it as Endurance. DTM is now the following weekend at Nurburgring so SRO are left with the clash.

Everything you write about the challenge SRO has given the scale of its operation, is true. I do think that this particular clash was avoidable, however, with a bit of foresight.

And we are, of course, off-topic!