View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2018, 23:06 (Ref:3800581)   #125
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
+1 from me.

When Pirelli followed the FIA, teams and FOM's instructions they got moaned at (these tyres don't last long enough).
When they attempted something a bit different, they got moaned at (they're not following the contract).
When they added compounds that were more durable, they got moaned at (the tyres last way too long!).
When they made an extra couple of steps in durability, they got moaned at (we only need two types of tyre).
When they added the ultra-stupendo-soft, they got moaned at (because a couple of teams could run them twice as far as some of the others).

If I were a tyre manufacturer I'd stay well clear of F1. Nothing is good enough for the fans, nothing at all.
IndyCar haven't had the issues with Firestone, that F1 have had with Pirelli. They race on a greater variety of surfaces than F1, using only one prime and one option tyre, not the plethora of tyres made by Pirelli and the racing is better. That's not to say it's been plain sailing.

At Texas last year, IndyCar and Firestone officials decided on competition caution periods and mandatory tyre stops, every 30 green flag laps because of tyre blistering but that's the first time in a long time since there has been a major issue with tyres.