Thread: ELMS ELMS Discussion
View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2020, 19:07 (Ref:3999896)   #444
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
I'm always astonished at the consistency of some pro drivers compared to others.
Take Van Uitert and Brundle for instance. Brundle's times are all over the place, whereas Van Uitert's are in a tight cluster.
I didn't watch the race, so for all I know there may have been safety cars when Brundle was driving, but just used him as an example, there are others.

Also, did Rusinov have problems? Isn't he normally quicker than he was here?
The race was run in mixed conditions. Some started on wets, and went to intermedites.
Some others went to slicks when the track was dry-ish but for a whole lot of time the intermediates proved to be a better choice.
That was the cse for both United cars: #32 lost a lap while on the wrong tires for the conditions, #22 did not: they were only 10-20 seconds in front of the #32 but crucially were not yet lapped when the SC came.

Basically not all 3 drivers had similar conditions.
Rusinov for example was at the wheel when the track was in the worst conditions (first stint)

Last edited by gert; 3 Sep 2020 at 19:17.