Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3838565)   #3033
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
My apologies, but can you give a brief summary of IndyCar rules and how it applies to this scenario. I don’t follow IndyCar anymore.

I did a very fast Google search on IndyCar engine rules, and it looks like after you use your initial four, it impacts the engine championship by no points being awarded. I can see that working well for IndyCar where... (1) they apparently have an engine championship (2) they don’t have manufacturers who run teams (everyone is a customer of a manufacture). Neither scenario applies to F1.

Richard
What you found by Googleing is more or less a brief summary of the rules regarding engines. Here's the link to IndyCar engine rules.

https://www.indycar.com/Fan-Info/IND...ingRegulations

True F1 doesn't have an engine manufacturer's championship, however a number of teams are are engine customers and it's the team and their driver that get clobbered by the grid penalty because of the engine. Both series have engine rules and I'm just suggesting using IndyCar's engine rules or adapting them to F1, so that the grid penalty can be eliminated.