View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2023, 08:48 (Ref:4142485)   #90
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The minor impact of the Alfa Romeo effort in the 1980's wasn't so different from the equally minor Sauber results in recent years.You really have to go back to the 1950's to reach the time when they were a force to be reckoned with.I have no way of knowing what the Stellantis motorsport strategy is beyond the Peugeot hypercar programme.Within the group they have names that have a strong sporting heritage and for me the question is how much inclination they have to use it to promote their various brands.I would have thought Maserati deserves a slot in a series,given it's image and heritage,but unless they have production capacity to cope with a sales boost that seems pointless.Lancia is another brand with a sporting history and I suppose you could just about fill the entire grid with cars named after Stellantis brands.I haven't checked to see if their global business is on the same sort of scale as GM,but if GM are willing to promote the Cadillac brand,it might give the decision makers a nudge to do something if an opportunity presents itself.If the Sauber avenue is no longer available,what might that be?