View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2906558)   #54
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I wouldn't be so sure about Peugeot--they've damaged or destroyed their fair share of cars this year as well, and when they get agressive, they make mistakes, such as Lamy's errors, their testing accidents (the Minassian accident was partly attributed to a normally innocuous driver error being built up because of the car running an aggressive aero set up, according to sources), and they even had some close calls at Le Mans as well.

With Imola having so few straights, things might come to a head, and I think that the advantage will go to who has the faster (most notably better handling) car. Audi had that edge at Le Mans, and Audi will have new bodywork for Imola and the remaining ILMC events, while it's not clear what Peugeot may have planned.

The guys who have the faster cars will be liable to take less risks just by having the faster car (and just who that is is yet to be determined). I just hope that Imola, with it's lack of long straights and fast corners, doesn't turn into a shambles like the NASCAR races at Road America's last restarts and the race from Infineon have become.