Thread: IMSA Race Detroit: IWSC Round 5
View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2016, 05:45 (Ref:3647295)   #102
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
GTP's were not BOP'ed. Not this way. There was a power to weight ratio scheme, but it did not change race to race. A turbo Buick would have been treated the same in a March, Lola or Whatever chassis. If the engines were the same capacity, the weight rules (balance) would have been the same across the board. If your Whatever GTP was slower the the March, well, get busy-and not lobbying for legislation, you were working on aero refinement, and engineering, and what not, like getting a different driver.

The times are different. You can run all sorts of performance projections now, and customize all sorts of things to do with performance. I am some old curmudgeon who doesn't see this as an emulation of the sort of wonderful power you have in video games (I am clueless when it comes to referencing something like that, so maybe it is out of line), so yippee. I can't get excited. I hate to think that is the future, but maybe I should just accept it? (apparently someone in Tokyo, Scranton and London can connect on the internet and play racing games in real time-can we enlist the people responsible for that to actually make internet timing and scoring, and video work without glitches? Please?)

Grumpy curmudgeon going off to sulk.
Excellent post.

It's the constant tinkering that bothers me.