View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1775704)   #24
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
It is called freedom of choice; if a driver wants one and does not get it, go somewhere else; if the driver does care if it is there or not, his choice.

Forcing something on professionals, because you think they are little children, which need to be led by the hand and protected, is asinine.
It seems odd to have so little faith in race teams that they would kill their drivers.

Hmm, you muist use air conditioning at the proper setting or die; I never thought reality was so narrow.
Bob
Bob, are you going to cover the additional insurance premiums or litigation costs arising out of spectator injury--particularly in the US where rampant lawyerism is an integral part of life (sadly).

The question "why did not the circuit owner, team owner, sanctioning body or driver take action that would have reduced the chances of this accident happening as it is a fact that blah blah blah."

When it is acknowledged that having air con can improve concentration and reduce the chances of exhaustion, any insurer or court of law would require that best practice be followed. It has got very little to do with the driver being comfortable (although in my book that it a real benefit) and more to do with keeping the insurance companies happy.

If may be your right to not have to have air-con, just underwrite the bill and, as I presume you won't, air-con is required.