View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2992610)   #11
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristancliffe View Post
The carbon lids off the shelf are that much, but I bet Lewis has a 'custom' visor lock, the extra inserts used since Massa's crash, made-to-measure internals, McLaren specific aerodynamic details... All of which push the price up drastically as it becomes VERY low volume..

But as I said, I'm guessing. I'll never make that enquiring phone call to find out either!!!
I think Lewis just has an Arai GP6-RC carbon lid, with standard aero bits as supplied by Arai....I remember reading about Heikki's when he was at McMerc, he had the same, and all the extra bits were from Arai's standard range...

The GP6-RC (including aero kit) will set you back about £3,300...plus painting you would probably be looking at about the £4,000 mark. I think Jason Fowler still does Lewis's lids, has done since his karting days...

Lewis's lid on Carjam....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD0jvXNjlAA

Last edited by Hubble; 28 Nov 2011 at 20:24.