View Single Post
Old 17 Oct 2014, 21:03 (Ref:3466038)   #1168
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Those goose bump moments have been discussed before but I always get excited as I see the other cars going to the race at the tunnel and the sound of the first cars on Wednesday just makes me tremble, but that ultimate moment must be the moment we arrive at the campsite and the feeling that "I am Home" floods over me roll on the next 8 months
The goosebumps discussion always bears revisiting. Getting the confirmation of my advance booking request from 1st Tickets does something good, so does the process of sorting the various logistics, all the way through to elements Simon talks about, like the trip to the tunnel, the drive down, and seeing the track for the first time.

Big one for me this year was the impromptu trip to Test Day, getting up onto the top of T34, and seeing the run to Dunlop, the tribunes, and the hockey stick, while we heard the racing engines fire up - I suspect if I hadn't been wearing a hat my hair (let alone goosebumps) would have been standing profoundly on end.