View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2021, 13:04 (Ref:4076921)   #26
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
everything that could be done to improve the situation is valuable.
Actually not it is not. "Everything" is quite large. For example, should we provide a climate control system on each track? Cover with a roof, control temperature, humidity, etc.? Of course we should not. The heavy rain situation is a corner case in which we should not "overly" optimize for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
It's not that going back to narrower tyres would be the magic bullet, it's not a black and white thing. However narrower tyre would improve the chances considerably to be able to race in the more difficult circumstances.
And this I can agree with. It is not black and white. You have to measure how often heavy rain disrupts the entire event to the point of not racing. If you want that to be zero, you are investing too much to cover rare situations. I personally think that the frequency of this is problem is low enough that it is not a problem that needs to be solved.

Richard