View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2006, 08:21 (Ref:1773766)   #30
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just as a point of interest on this topic, it's worth noting Jamie Campbell-Walter's answer on track safety at Le Mans which I've copied from the Creation drivers Q&A:

Quote:
2) “Does he think its (Le Mans) safe, and if not, why?

JCW: “As said before, I think all forms of sportscar / gt cars are now safe: when I was driving the Lister GT1 with big overhangs, the front of the car used to go very light when following another car. This does not happen so much anymore. As for the track, I feel it is ok apart from I would like to see a bigger run-off at Indianapolis because at 205 mph approach and 170mph through the corner you don’t have a lot of space to adjust if something goes wrong.”
So, whilst I can assure you there are (at present!) no plans for a chicane between Mulsanne and Indianapolis, I doubt Jamie is alone with his concerns about the approach speeds and lack of run-off at Indianapolis.