Old 30 Dec 2015, 18:16 (Ref:3601030)   #1605
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
So I'm crashing at mums over Xmas to be with the family and going through the stuff I have in storage I found a few Le Mans review DVD 2003/4/5 as well as some of my sportscar book collection which admittedly isn't very big. That'll do nicely
2005 was the first Le Mans DVD I ever got as I couldn't watch the race for some reason but my parents were going to tape what parts of the race eurosport were showing for me on a vhs (those were the days ). However they forgot to tape it on Saturday and so the DVD review was part of my birthday present. By far it is the Le Mans DVD I watch the most and if I ever need cheering up it does the trick. Might go and watch 2005 tomorrow morning now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Today's RLM Duke reviews are obviously better than those of the noughties, you know with the clone formats to each other, but I think there's still some charm and they are more informative to non diehards than current ones.
I do wonder if as a kid, I would have preferred the format back then to now as it showed more of the atmosphere surrounding the race which makes Le Mans different to other races and drew me into loving it enough to talk about it on online forums .

However, don't think that I'm not happy with the current 4 hour length with lots of the race as that'd great it's just the older reviews had there postives as well