View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2020, 09:38 (Ref:4015336)   #74
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Back to biking.

Finally got my act together yesterday and went for a ride using cleats. Having tried them and found it difficult to get off the pedals I worked out that you can ease off the retaining springs so I set them to full soft (well it was a bit damp) and set off. Reversed my usual direction so returned to the village up a short but steep incline. The point being that I went further than normal and found the journey much easier although whether that is the bike or simply the effect of the cleats I don't know.

However It does mean I can do some exploring and see if there's a decent route for the next Mike Bike Ride 2021. I'm thinking less steep climbs so a bit longer since we have canals around here.

Things I learned: 1. The wind causes neuralgia through the helmet so wear a skull cap; 2. Wear thicker socks because the shoes are not thermal; 3. Try to stop moving to a higher gear at the bottom of hills!