Thread: Motorsport Quiz
View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2024, 20:19 (Ref:4191156)   #626
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=BTCC frog;4191124]Richard should have said:

Quote:
Alberto Ascari
o 1952-1953 Giuseppe Farina

but 'Won the WDC by beating a prior WDC with both in the same car/team' was still the correct answer because I didn't ask for every driver they beat to be named, just the rationale behind the list.

But it was that in 1951, Juan Manuel Fangio won the title when his teammate was a former world champion in Giuseppe Farina.

In 1952 and 1953, Alberto Ascari won the title when his teammate was a former world champion in Giuseppe Farina.

In 1967, Denny Hulme won the title when his teammate was a former world champion in Jack Brabham.
Told you I was a fool for posting here, I assumed they had to take the title from the incumbent, both in same team.

My mistake.

Back to the, safer, Historic bit

B.