View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3883879)   #87
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I would rather see a different car with different livery run by a different team than see a third or fourth identically-liveried model of an existing entrant, even if that existing entrant is a manufacturer with an all-pro line-up of superstars.

Personally, who is driving is much the least interesting factor of a race to me. I look for car variety and interesting tracks. Drivers barely figure in the equation. I fully recognise that this is not the view of many (probably the majority) here.

Edited to add: I would remove the separate class for Ams though, along with the requirement to have year-old cars. If your rich hedge-fund manager wants to buy a GTE and race, that's fine, but I wouldn't indulge him with a separate class. I dislike "everyone gets a prize" racing.
Proton ended up with 4 cars in GTE-Am, AF Corse at least 3.

Also the Ford and Porsche efforts last year were essentially run by different teams (Ganassi & Multimatic/George HC, CORE & Manthey)

Last edited by Dyson Mazda; 13 Feb 2019 at 17:10.