View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2023, 20:27 (Ref:4151138)   #23
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I made it down to Lydden on Saturday, a good day of racing all in all I thought. It's the first time I've seen racing on the revised circuit layout and I think the changes have worked. The field doesn't split at the first corner any more so you get the charge into Chessons with the full grid. The jump is gimmicky for sure but it's fun and it does add something different (and is better than the previous jump).

Supercar was as expected a close fought thing - hopefully Thorne can get a budget sorted to do a full season. The only real disappointment in supercar was the electric Mini - it was slower than I expected (but that could just be down to Harris not knowing the car yet). The sound (or lack of) is as bad as I'd feared, it really does lose a lot of the impact of a petrol supercar.

Throughout the other classes the racing was pretty good, combining supernational and All4 worked I think, the cars seemed to be able to race each other with the exception of Woloch who was long gone. Good to see Van Beers over from Belgium with the Clio, tidy car that fitted in well. I'm still not sure why we need Swifts and Minis - they seem to be filling the same niche but both classes produced decent racing.
Attached Thumbnails
sc3.JPG   m2.JPG   sc6.JPG  

r4.JPG   o3.JPG   sc2.JPG