View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2019, 02:06 (Ref:3914362)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
My brother is type 1 too! My entire life I've tried to keep at least an arms distance from him so that I don't come down with the illness myself. When he gets fed up with it, he makes fun of my lymphoma.

Surely you're not offended at a 15 year old internet meme that started from a joke off a late night talk show, are you? I don't think so. Nevertheless, I see you, empathize with you, am genuinely sorry for the bs that you go through on a daily basis. Life is not fair, that is for sure.

However, maybe because I re-read 1984 recently or because I'm a libertarian, but I refuse to cede on this point. Intent matters. The rules of most internet forums have been, generally speaking, no talk of politics, no talk of religion, and attack the post not the poster. The post in question was in reference to how many times NBC showed the same damned diabetes medication commercial and clearly not a condemnation of diabetes itself.

I've known fieldodreams for 20 years and can assure you there is no ill will intended. But it isn't his or any poster's job, as long as it follows forum rules, to make sure no one is offended by their every post. If that were the world we lived in, no one would attempt a joke, and that's not a world I'm willing to live in.

What I came here to post was that I'm ****ed that there are no Youtube replays available! You have to watch all the same commercials. Terrestrial TV STILL doesn't get it! Amazing.

Overall, although it wasn't 'edge of your seat' entertainment, it's always wonderful to watch Indycars around RA.
The IndyCar channel on YouTube has highlights and the full race is available here but the commentary is in Portuguese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV_k3zhnDOw