View Single Post
Old 1 May 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3730328)   #35
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
For the record, I have been a proponent for COTA and have sung its graces in previous threads. Now don't get me wrong, there are several tracks in the US that I would rather see WEC go to, Laguna, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Road America... But, the request seemed to be for someone to post some positive words about it.

Anyway, I've been every year for WEC. So I've gotten to know the place pretty well.

Just off the bat, here are a few things that COTA HAS that all of the previously mentioned tracks (again, preferred venues) do NOT have:

1. A very nice air conditioned area that is not limited to VIPs. Behind the main grandstand there is the Velocity Lounge which has rows and rows of televisions showing the race, a full bar, and a couple food options as well. Again, anyone with a ticket can get in out of the heat and enjoy that. And again, none of those other tracks have that.

2. Covered grandstands. The grandstands on the main straight are all covered. Again, none of the other tracks mentioned above can say that.

3. An airport (sorry, Sebring does not count as I don't think anyone of us has a private jet on standby) within a ten minute drive to the track. You can go to COTA and not even rent a car if you choose. It is very convenient.

4. Better food options that any of the other tracks mentioned. There is absolutely no arguing this point.

5. And duh, none of the other tracks has a freaking TOWER!!! And after you've gone up in that tower you'll wish that every track had one!

And it does have very interesting places to spectate from, the top of the hill at turn 1, under the bridge just before the esses.

And there you go, positive words.