Thread: IMSA 2023 IMSA Season
View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2023, 22:33 (Ref:4150355)   #397
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
What ever happened to "bring the best car you can and let’s see how she works according to the same spec". All of this "fine tuning" leads itself to too much potential favoritism. Between Full Course Yellow rules and BOP, it's giving me a major headache. Can't imagine what the teams are thinking.
I presume they are thinking this is the series we (the teams) signed up for?

This is a BoP series so What ever happened to "bring the best car you can and let’s see how she works according to the same spec" is completely irrelevant!

In an ideal world I wouldn’t have it either, but the cars aren’t even designed to the same spec. In some areas they are close, but let’s consider, say, the engines. In this version of this series you can’t apply the false logic at all. Actually, on engines, we’ve not been there for a long time!

And we haven’t even considered balancing with Hypercar.

And the FCY are applied quite consistently and the approach they apply is detailed for us, so not sure we’re any headache can come from there.

I’d have different spec. rules, albeit to seanyb505’s point, maybe no competitors if it was run to that. I’d have a different FCY procedure, but it is what it is here.