View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2020, 08:27 (Ref:4005280)   #43
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It was the 24hrs but not as we know it..

Good food, good company, comfort and a hot shower, yet....

I would rather be there than a few hundred miles away.

I know that Toyota can't be blamed - but there just seems to be no credible answer right now to what they are doing. I remember the years when Toyota threw the kitchen sink at Le Mans and came away with nothing, but right now the ACO need to persuade more big teams (be they manufacturers or others) to come and get involved. I know the race isn't all about the top class, but there should be some chance that the top step of the overall win won't be a foregone conclusion.

LMP2, there were too many entrants here, but then again the lack of numbers in LMP1 dictated that. I guess there was a slim possibility that the battle was going to go down to the wire, but that didn't transpire either.

GTE Pro - okay so those numbers should have been bolstered by stateside teams and marques..

This years race just didn't do it for me.

I just hope the entry list for 2021 has more variation in numbers and no last minute cancellations - Ginetta!!

I know 2022 should be a feast, but will 2021 be another light year?

I'm not so convinced by the make up of the LMP2 regulations either.. I know why they exist as they are, but they just seem to remove an element from that classification.

Anyway!! Just hope that the race is permitted to go ahead next year and we can go along and enjoy it.