View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2022, 23:33 (Ref:4103361)   #35
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Quick correction - JGTC went up to 2004, before the Super GT rebrand and regulation update. Cars up to then would have been quick, but clearly behind the factory prototypes of the era.

The only real point of comparison are Fuji lap times when both series ran there in clear conditions. At their fastest, GT500 would have run the factory hybrids close. At Le Mans, I have my doubts that this would be directly replicated - GT500 run draggier than prototypes, even before taking low-downforce bodywork into contention.

If it were to happen with LMH/LMDh, I reckon GT500 would do the business, even taking into account a relative lack of top speed.
Not so sure about this, there was an user here named japanese_samurai who used to post lots of stuff about super GT, he used to post lots of articles from japanese twitter and magazines, and, hoping to recall well, toyota/lexus were always the cars with the higest marked top speed at fuji (up to about 310km/h). Which isn't that slower compared to top speed rebellion R13 used to mark when it had over 700hp.
Not to consider that 007 and GR010 at LM are in the range of >320-330km/h, which isn't a crazy top speed afterall.
In my opinion if a GT500 would run at LM, it would lack of some top speed of course, but it would qualify under 3.20 without even pushing that hard.... in fast corners like porsche or tetre rouge would look like f1 compared to LMH, despite having almost the same weight.