View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2023, 16:46 (Ref:4139383)   #87
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Well, here we go with information from Hendrick Motorsport. Jimmie Johnson is doing testing along with Rockenfeller. They have been to VIR and Kershaw, SC (close to me) along with Sebring

https://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/...q5RntKyXC562nY
A surprising amount of info there on the development. Like, they are just now putting carbon brakes on, and there was an issue with the diff so that was changed, and it has slightly confused me:

Quote:
At day’s end, the team changed to a second transmission that had a spool differential in it for use on the second day. Typically, when going around a corner, the wheel on the outside of the corner has to turn faster than the wheel on the inside of the corner. With a spool differential, the wheels were locked together. The car doesn’t want to get around a corner since the inside and outside wheels can’t turn at different speeds.
So they are sticking with a spool differential?

Also on the tire front they are still evaluating options. That was one of the questions I had for the G56 entry. Would they be using the standard Goodyears or bring their own.