View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2015, 10:48 (Ref:3573142)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
You could also try Race Retro a few weeks later.

As earlier posters have said, the money you might save on an item will be recouped by the insane ticket price and parking fees.

You can go on train and park there which is cheaper, and maybe if you are a licence holder I think a day is cheaper at the NEC, but I reckon if you were job lot buying and went to a decent supplier they would do a discount anyway, they often have when i have known people buying stuff.
The parking at Autosport is ludicrously expensive but if there are a few of you in the car it's a lot cheaper than going by train. Race Retro is another option but if we stick to our current plans then we'll need the helmets/HANS before Race Retro so Autosport is our best option. We'll be getting 2 helmets, 2 HANS devices and maybe a new intercom amplifier (depending on which helmets we go for) so hopefully we'll get a discount of some sort on that lot.

The big problem for me is that after buying the helmet and HANS I won't have much of my budget left for actually competing next year. If they move towards lifeing the HANS as they have done with seats and belts that could well be me done with competing.