Thread: DSP VS Audi R8
View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2002, 11:29 (Ref:458813)   #1
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DSP VS Audi R8

Did anyone see the quote from Dave Klym at Fabcar on Motorsport.com?

"I've built (GTO and IMSA Lights cars), I've built GTP cars, and of course I'm building these. I defy you to look at this car and tell me anything it doesn't have that the Audi (R8) has. All of the suspension components are fabricated. We didn't go to NAPA and buy anything. Everything on this car is custom made for the car. We tried to make it a lot less expensive, we're not using any exotic materials, no exotic techniques that can't be done here in the United States. People that look at the car and say it's not a sophisticated car, it looks like a go-kart, or a dune buggy or something like that, they don't know what they're looking at. If you take an R8 and take the bodywork off, it would look just like this one would."

Does he really want an answer from this question? Perhaps the fiasco regarding the name of the car for Brumos or something has gotten to his head.

I have seen the DSP without it's body, and it looks like NASCAR with a rear engine. From my knowledge, the Audi has the following that I doubt the DSP has:

Semi Automatic Gearbox
Streesed engine
Air exits on the sides
Diffuser
Air Scoops
Carbon tub as opposed to tubeframe
Purpose built, not spec, rear wing
Side radiators as opposed to front mandated
Crash testing
Saftey
Speed
Purpose built, as opposed to spec tires

What a crazy comment. Its one thing to defend your series, its another to simply blurt out bogus PR.