View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2011, 16:41 (Ref:2928164)   #2
elitemotorsport
Rookie

elitemotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm currently running a young guy in 750 MC Bike Sports, and have had some exposure to RGB previously.

I'm not really a bike engine fan as i think they are too fragile in a car. However saying that plenty of people totally disagree and seem to be able to run many seasons on the same well looked after engine.

The bike sports cars are fantastically quick for what they are. RGB also, and i think they will definately make a man out of you and make other sorts of cars look pedestrain in comparison.

One thing i would say is to really get a handle on the engine preparation and find yourself an engine guru with pedigree like Andy Bates at AB Performance. Our experience so far this season is one race weekend for two blown up R1's and one detonated ZX10. Another competitor in a similar car has blown up 12 R1 engines in the last two seasons. They really require installing properly and looking after and the R1 and some of the other engines are usually recommended to be avoided for reliability reasons.

I'm not a fan of the Radicals, because they are fairly agricultural and the factory control the price of cars and spares very strictly so you'll spend a lot of money on any repairs. Saying that Radicals also have their own championships so you have the option to run in a few different series with the same car.

If you go RGB then Andy Bates will obviously recommend his Sabre, which might not be a bad option depending on your budget. If you want to run at the front i'm not sure there is a better option available currently.

In bike sports the front guys are changing tyres every race they claim. We are planning on half a season on a set. Running in Class C its less competitive and we can get away with it.

My driver has budgetted for £11k a season, we have blown that this season with the engine issues, but, if you get on top of the engine reliability then i think thats probably a fair budget.

D.