View Single Post
Old 15 May 2022, 20:00 (Ref:4110119)   #59
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
That was a very good 1st indycar race to attend for myself (not counting a CART race in the 90's at Road America).
  • No ticket necessary - We arrived 45 minutes prior to the revised start time to find out they were not scanning tickets, gate people were just welcoming people to the track, very pleasant!
  • I thought I would be spoiled by Road America (where you can roam free), however that was also the case for this event (why I chose it over the 500). Bought the cheapest ticket I could, then went anywhere I wanted. It was nice to get under the awning at the end to watch the finish in the rain, however having full access to go anywhere, regardless of ticket chosen, was AWESOME. Penske needs to just have TWO ticket classes for next year (PREFERRED, which is checked and gets you the VERY upper levels) and GENERAL, which gets you the infield and any/all oval stands, also pit infield stands.
  • Packed house. TV didn't catch much, but before the the storm came, it was much more packed than i though. Infield was full, Turn 1 oval was PACKED, turn 4 oval had ~6k people I'd say. I'd say overall attendance was ~20k.
  • TV's are awesome, PA system easy to hear, food/drink prices reasonable ($8 burger is good for event pricing).
  • Parking was awesome, they are just setup for the 500 so well that anything smaller seems too easy.
  • Indycar fans seem to drink/yell more than NASCAR fans, it was a bit annoying the level of "drunk" fans (versus casually drinking).
  • Cars look slow when compared to the massive facility. They should change the course a tad to allow it to flow more (carry more speed).