View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2021, 13:07 (Ref:4067414)   #58
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
There were quite a lot of 11 lap stints at test day. With some looking like they weren’t helped by SC or slow zones. It could be on.
The race may be even more exciting than we anticipated if p2s can hang in stint length!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotats03OUS View Post
sorry for my ignorance but what is qualifying practice session? what are we expecting to see in term of pace? or is just practicing the format in which the real quali will be run ? thank you
I'm with you here, they have made qualifying more confusing than in the past. You used to just be able to set a time in any of the qualifying sessions which were hours long, and that would set your place on the grid. Now we have a mix of free practice with a single qualifying practice. The qualifying practice sets times and if you are near the top then you get to go on to the hyper Pole to set those final few positions. At least that is my understanding, I could have it all wrong!