Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3882402)   #157
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSquirrel View Post
Am I wrong in thinking that GT3 cars being far cheaper than GTE (at least to buy) is something of a fallacy? It seems to me that if there were more places to run a GTE then the cost of an RSR would be much less than the €900,000 it is now. I think Porsche have received something like 70 orders for the new GT3R. If the order book was limited to 12-ish like the RSR is, that car would cost way more than €459,000. The GT3 would still be a bit cheaper, though running costs are another matter.
It used to be that GT3 cars were cheaper but that's changing. The Bentley GT3 I think was about $750,000. The Ferrari 488 GTE is actually cheaper to buy the 488 GT3 and then the conversion kit to the GTE edition.