Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2019, 15:30 (Ref:3882428)   #159
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
As I just posted, for 15 entries more than 100 teams will apply for
That won't matter either as the ACO will only accept cars also running in their regional series. I don't think 50 GT3 cars suddenly line up for ELMS or whatever but even if they did the chances of getting in without automatic (won) entry are slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Personally I'd solve this dilemma by making the 30 Le Mans GT entries factory/pro only, running GT3s under their OEM name.

I do appreciate that there is a long history of amateur entries at Le Mans and that this suggestion thus blithely does away with something others may consider an important part of the tradition of the event.
It doesn't even have to be enforced as pro category, but simply just "GT3" where anyone with received entry can run. If rich businessman X wants to be in a category also filled up with factory cars then so be it. The ideology of "non-factory teams/drivers need class of their own" is foolish and was unheard of even in the days of GT1 and GT2

Again, I do despise GT3 (although not as much as todays GTE) however at least with this you could also go away with the sub am-class nannying