View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2019, 07:59 (Ref:3893626)   #77
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I don't remember a two week break in the schedule ever (but that could be my memory!). I think it is a good thing, give everyone involved in the sport the opportunity of a good vacation mid Summer. In F1 the teams are banned from performing any work during the summer break - the intention being that people do rest rather than chug away trying to improve the cars. 35 long weekends away from home has to be better than 36! I've always thought the season long, but that's my perspective as a European where F1 used to be mid-teens number of races and British Touring Cars are 10 meets.

I guess NASCAR will be watching the attendance and TV figures for Pocono very closely. If they get pricing right to pull fans in the whole weekend and the weather Gods play nice it could be very successful. And if it is maybe they'll look at the same formula for other tracks that are a long haul from the Carolinas?