View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3183099)   #13
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
Brands Hatch would be a constant race of weaving through traffic, the action would be mega! Imola is a fantastic circuit, yet the ILMC 2011 round got such a poor attendance, so I'm guessing the circuit owners did not push for a WEC round since I doubt they would get much of a ROI.

The idea that Porsche have has more relevance to the division of the GTE class, I would support that judgement. You could do the same in P1 as well.

When does the GTE/GT3 merger come into effect anyway?

I'm not really talking about schedule changes, that could be a different thread. What I am talking about is the change in categories and merging of some series so that Asian Le Mans runs with the WEC on Asian rounds in the WEC, ALMS with WEC in Austin, and ELMS with WEC in the European rounds. Which leaves only Sao Paulo and Bahrain, which would be down on entries compared to the other rounds... no getting around that.

Australia really needs an FIA Grade 1 PERMANENT COURSE. Albert Park is Grade 1, and I really love the track. But it's temporary, and getting to close down the roads again may be a wee bit of a stretch. I hope they do more work on Eastern Creek and maybe get that track to at least Grade 1T.

I agree with you, MJones94, it would be awesome action... at any track. But what I find most intriguing is the number of entries you'd get at any given race other than Bahrain and Sao Paulo. Austin and the European races would probably be the biggest, although it really depends how the Asian Le Mans Series turns out.

Maybe my "GTC" idea should be scrapped and GTE-Pro should be GTE cars and GTE-Am should be the GT3 cars of today. No difference in speed these days... just cheaper and maybe not quite as advanced. Of course, that would change the class names to GT-Pro and GT-Am, which I prefer. But it would probably, in hindsight, be easier just to do GTE and GTC.

We could have an entry count of about 65 at Austin, I calculated, if the series raced together. About like Sebring.

As far as a schedule goes, I think we should have 10 races. Maybe scrap Shanghai and go with Monza, Catalunya, and Yas Marina...