View Single Post
Old 25 May 2020, 17:33 (Ref:3978251)   #9
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being someone who attended quite a few of these allies initially, I then stopped going.

Why? Because they are basically rally sprints, not rallying in what i call its purest terms. I attended Donington, Snett and Brands and Cadwell a few times and although interesting ina basic view and well attended, the events are so dumbed down as to be nothing like a true rally, yes you are timed and there are notes, but there is little of the challenge of say the old Cadwell rallies.

Palmer detests people going on his grass so the stages are often designed with heavy chicane and even sometimes barriers to make a mistake damage your car, you have to run spares and can;t run on flat tyres, Donington initially has a nice little infield section, that was fun, yet that was abandoned for some reason.

I will say Oulton's event looks better, but again the good bits you can't get to over from the start line.

I was simply frustrated in the end watching the same layouts over and over again, and just endless acceleration runs for the drivers from corner to chicane.

It is all we have and for me it saw out the years after the spectator ban on single venues but I feel looking at entries this year a lot of the drivers have had enough and would rather do more road based events as that is real rallying, not this contrived Palmer sprint stuff.

That is the future I hope.