View Single Post
Old 28 May 2020, 06:14 (Ref:3978829)   #15
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
First thing, cheers for using my vids hope they give a good idea as to what you see. For me, as sumone who can't drive for medical reason, its prity much impossible to get out to the forests to watch a "proper" rally. These SVR's wether stand alone events or part of the MSN Championship are a great thing as it gives you a fairly good taste as to what rallying is all about.

Last year, standing watching Frank Bird throw the Focus around was one of the most impressive things to watch, the sheer speed and control just blew the mind.

OK, this was in a full fat, Ex - factory WRC machine with every toy possible but at the same time, these SVR's, when the conditions are right can throw up a few surprises which let crews who have cars that you would never think could match the top level kit match them or even beat them.

Stand outs for this would be Joe Cunningham in his old 1400 Corsa, easily beating 4wd crews on a regular basis and just as spectacular and entertaining to watch as Bird in his car that cost god knows how many times the price.

As for the events, they are very well run with circuit commentary during the day so you can follow whats going on. Also, it noticeable how many families go, so any events that get not only kids but the other halfs wanting to go back cant be a bad thing.
Apologies for not crediting you for the videos.
I think that it is a very good point about Frank Bird’s performance - anyone who has seen him, and other top runners attacking the chicanes should be in no doubt that these events are not just “acceleration tests”.
Thank you also for pointing out some of the giant killing performances - again, awesome commitment from the crews.