View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2020, 19:21 (Ref:3979688)   #25
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
I think you may be wrong on closed roads Bert

Since Clacton there have been a splurge of closed road events, ther was even supposed to be one near my neck of the woods in Stevenage this ears and at least 4 or 5 have been run in the past year at different venues.

It seems where there is a will there is a way, I eman who would ever think that a rally could be held within 40 odd miles of London at the best of times, elt alone now.
I hope I'm wrong! The more closed road events the better as far as I'm concerned - especially down in the south where we've been losing venues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
I tried the circuit stuff, but for me its not rallying, it is sprinting with clocks. Would rather watch other things. Sadly that time of years there is chuff all on, so I will usually end up somewhere handing Palmer over far too much money for what is on, but there we go.
They're not for everyone, but as you say they tend to run when there's not a lot else going on - although Lydden ran a winter rallycross series last winter so that's something else to watch during the off season - hopefully they'll run that again this year (the 'proper' season is truncated so competitors might well be up for a winter series).