View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2022, 07:35 (Ref:4137828)   #2
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I went for the first time in years this year and enjoyed it. But I hadn't booked parking and was horrified to learn I would be parked miles away . It was only through a stranger's kindness that I ended up being parked in Silverstone village , a few minutes walk from Copse. So book the parking !

Even on Friday it was very busy , but ok - Saturday was rammed. I didn't have grandstand access and wish I had on Saturday. But on Friday the roaming was good - Maggots was excellent but forget Becketts - it looks good on TV but angles and location of viewing live make it ho hum , frankly .

I'd watch at the entry to Copse ,where the speed is gobsmacking , and it is easier to spot the subtle differences in line and style . Village was good in the wet for qualifying as you are in the same postcode as the cars - but it is not the spot for speed .

I suspect you'd enjoy Friday more than Saturday as you have plenty of track time and fewer people . Going live is about seeing the cars , immersing yourself in the experience , focussing on differences and characteristics of cars and drivers. Times don't matter so much , you can leave that for the TV experience. But if you do go on Sat , do have a radio as the commentary is inaudible and the big screens are either too far away to read or are showing some B list sleb in a pit garage .

Enjoy - I did .