View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2022, 14:35 (Ref:4137857)   #5
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=coppice;4137828] I'd watch at the entry to Copse ,where the speed is gobsmacking , and it is easier to spot the subtle differences in line and style .
I suspect you'd enjoy Friday more than Saturday as you have plenty of track time and fewer people . Going live is about seeing the cars , immersing yourself in the experience , focussing on differences and characteristics of cars and drivers. Times don't matter so much , you can leave that for the TV experience. But if you do go on Sat , do have a radio as the commentary is inaudible and the big screens are either too far away to read or are showing some B list sleb in a pit garage . Enjoy - I did .[/QUOTE

I agree with Coppice about Copse Corner but only if viewed from the outside of the corner. I've watched races from the inside banking many times and it seems like a different corner.
I went many times in the 80s and used to watch from the banking between Club and the fast left hander the name of which I forget. If you weren't there before 8-00 am on race day you couldn't get a space. Race day was interseting for the support races and watching the constant stream of helicopters and light aircraft coming and going all morning.