View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2002, 01:05 (Ref:194646)   #11
Flaggie
Racer

Flaggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot
Do you honestly think you could find track marshalls brave enough - or stupid enough to let dimwits like Rodney Forbes, Paul Morris or yegods, even Matt Neal go past them at full race pace whislt they're clearing up a car on Mt Panorama ?

Imagine the law suits AVESCO or CAMS or whoever would be setting themselves up for !
Firstly. You're missing my point. The drivers DONT take any notice of yellow and white flags. Yellow flags are simple "A situation of possible danger exists ahead, be prepared to take evasive action." A white says that there is "slow moving behicles or service vehicles on track" Perfectly clear. If they actually took any notice of the flags, I wouldnt have a problem being out on the track pushing cars off. It's because they dont take any notice that we have a safety car.

Secondly, Paul Morris and Rodney Forbes are not dim wits. Matt Neal? He's a pom, so you expect stupid stuff from him.

Thirdly, Of course, if it's all gone to utter hell and there's cars scattered from bunghole to brekky time, and debris every where then yeah, put out the safety car. Last year's Bathurst for example. When Brock/Owen stuck it in the kitty at the Chase they cleared it under yellow flag. Good call. Then later in the race when Harris/Simpson stuck it in at Reid Park, and were up against the wall, well off line, they put out a safety car for that. Bad Call. It could have easily stayed there.

Just my 2c....