View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2023, 15:08 (Ref:4160037)   #260
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
The stock cars entered in 1976 did not have doors either. As this year's effort is a return of Nascar to LeMans after so long, and a celebration of Nascar's 75th Anniversary and the LeMans 24's 100th anniversary, the Garage 56 entry is keeping true to Nascar.

It does have more aero. I wish we knew other specs. I believe the engine is running unrestricted and is likely the most powerful IC engine in the field.

Marshal Pruet is going to be embedded in the G56 pit for the race, reporting on their race, I'm not the biggest Nascar fan (but I was at the '76 D24 when some stocks cars were run leading to the LeMans effort that same year) and my jingoism is mostly in check, but this project has captivated and I really hope they have a good run and rattle the rafters for the full 24!