View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2023, 21:14 (Ref:4148547)   #1834
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
Not many BTCC drivers of recent years have successfully managed to move up to TCR.
Not many have tried though to be fair.

Of those drivers with BTCC pedigree who have also raced TCR (I'm not sure I would qualify it as 'up' yet), I would say there are three categories:

Successful
None

Competitive
Huff (successful in STCC)
Lloyd (successful in regional series)

Struggled
Priaulx
Shedden
Thompson

Looking at the calibre of drivers, and their respective records in BTCC (and elsewhere) it suggests to me that the TCR discipline is a different challenge and for some drivers it's an adjustment that they are not able to make.

It doesn't confirm (for me) that TCR is more or less difficult to be successful at - just different.