View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3110586)   #3
CraigTypeR
Rookie

United Kingdom
CraigTypeR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some universites take this into account already and build cars to full FIA specification, which includes placing the drivers feet behind the axle centerline. Unfortunately by looking at the current build of the OPs vehicle, this step has been overlooked. Coupled with the fact that there appears to be no significant crashbox structure in front of the chassis (or drivers feet) then I believe a return to the drawing board should take place before an actual championship is started (I'm aware that this is a hypothetical thread, but surely these are issues that need addressing?) On hindsight , this does bring the issue of design into question. For example; to compete in a specific racing series surely the cars will need to be built to a certain number of specifications. Formula Student is about allowing student's creativity to flourish in the design of a racing vehicle, but strict regulations for an actual racing championship would surely defunct "One-Off" ideas etc?

Personally, given the current climate, I believe that there is NO market for a FSE championship. Fully fledged championships such as Formula Renault, Formula Ford amongst others are failing and these would be your closest rivals. High costs and new technology trying to be implemented at the wrong time are perturbed as being the main causes of failure. So how would you propose to create a successful FSE championship?

The Indian based formula MRF championship is having to fund overseas drivers to compete in one off events (such as the Indian GP) to bring coverage to itself, and keep itself afloat in this current environment. Would a FSE championship be able to do this??

(Sorry for not answering the questions either, but I believe these questions should and could be raised at this point. Perhaps it will help produce a better quality project in the end)