View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2004, 13:29 (Ref:1138875)   #37
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Gollop uses a Zetec engine with cast iron block. The Duratec is all alluminium and i think designed by Mazda. For high output turbo engines the main requirement for reliability is a strong block, hense most supercar engines are cast iron. This is the reason engines like Subaru can't produce reliable power.
I think your right winnie about the duratec being a mazda engine, because i think the mazda 6 engine is very simular to a duratec ford engine. Peugeot used cast iron blocks in their 306 maxi, 405 Mi 16 and 205 t16? but the 106 and 206 maxi's were alluminium blocks, definatly could see the difference, probably the best example was when justin dale?(nearly sure it was him)'s engine blew on the last stage and handed the championship to milner? brand new one event engine.

If gollop, manning, holfield and the rest are all starting in brands on the weekend its sure to be a cracking event, whats the entrylist shaping up like now ?

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..