View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2022, 10:39 (Ref:4116050)   #1014
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Go on then, a few photos of mine here too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...77720299869328

1 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
2 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
3 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
5 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
8 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
153 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr

It was warm, it was busy. It felt like Le Mans.

I think some re-watches are in order for the next 12 months. I've been wanting to try and 'rank' the 11 races that I've done. Obviously there are so many experiences and intangibles you get during a Le Mans week that make the trip, but if you boil it purely down to the race itself, this one feels about a 4/10 edition. But I'd need to go back and watch some others and develop some criteria to be sure.

Fair play to Toyota. Essentially a faultless race. That is the Hypercar benchmark for everyone else now. As a contest knowing that it was over by about 2 hours in was kind of expected, yet still slightly deflating.

P2 was the big hope for close battles and instead up front we got this insane, incredibly dominant drive. Amazing from the #38 and a big statement from JOTA at a key time.

Unless I missed it, GT-Pro didn't give us a tonne of wheel to wheel racing. The BoP appeared to set the running order, but in the end this gave us by far the most storylines and was enjoyable in a different way to your average Pro battle. Gutted for Corvette to go out like that, especially when it was clearly 'their turn'. Sad to see this class go, or at least, I wish the new format could have mandated silver vs bronze. That might at least protect the on-track nose-to-tail action somewhat.

GT-Am - I need to have a look back at this as to how WeatherTech let it slip. More of a slow burn battle this one but with bronzes you've always got the possibility of big momentum shifts, whether it's in laptimes or mistakes. I really don't mind this class - but even better when its numbers are thinned slightly and more variety is coming in a few years.