Thread: WEC Glickenhaus Hypercar
View Single Post
Old 26 Dec 2020, 17:30 (Ref:4025287)   #377
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
One thing that I must note is that there wasn't this much gnashing of teeth when Aston Martin jammed their V12 in the back of a customer Lola coupe, designed some bespoke bodywork, and said job done.

Granted, they were the first at (at the time) only one to do so, though Lister was hoping to do similar with a Pescarolo LMP1 chassis.

But there's also not been a lot of customer programs where an OEM engine was stuffed into the back of a customer car either in recent years. I also guess one can include the Courage (now Oreca) based Acura LMP2s, though those cars became more and more proprietary to the point where Wirth Research built a near carbon copy version (suitably modified) so they wouldn't have to pay Oreca's licensing fees.