View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2022, 21:34 (Ref:4136105)   #1992
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
This was awarded earlier in the year in a UK Court - presumably they have wriggled so now it has been enforced on USA soil aswell. No chance I reckon. If it does pay up who gets it ? The team or Clare on the basis it was owed from her time ?
I would assume that as part of the sale, this was considered an asset and was acquired by Dorilton. The owed money would have been valued in the deal as something less than the stated value due to the need to invest additional money to recoup and risk of it never being collected.

It would be no different than those who buy bad debt. You pay 1/10th the price, the seller gets something, then the buyer spends the time and money to recoup what they can in the hopes it is more than what they spent.

But who knows what deal was reached between the family and Dorilton. The news items say it was "Williams F1" who won, and Williams F1 is owned by Dorilton. So I assume the money goes to the team/Dorilton and not the Williams family.

Richard