View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2023, 12:52 (Ref:4163517)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Disappointingly the Lydden joker is going back to the first corner, FIA rules means it can't use the part of the track where cars line up. It's going to mean the cars getting split at the first corner again and getting strung out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I hope there will be a ruling on turn one jokers, so we continue to see complete packs heading into turn one at the start of a race. Wonder if they will put a chicane or something into the tarmac loop to slow the cars down?
That's a shame, the revised joker was much better - hopefully they'll still use that for the British meetings. A 'no joker on lap 1' rule would help with first corner jokers. I assume they'll have to put a chicane in otherwise there's going to be some serious speed carried into the merge. Is the joker going to rejoin Chessons where it used to or further down the Dover Slope?

Quote:
Hopefully it won't spoil the much improved Tallethingy... Chessons.
Quote:
but the "new" Chessons is great.
Agreed - much better than it had been recently.

Quote:
The jump is staying which I'm still not a fan of but hey it's what some people want.
Quote:
Yeah, the jump is maybe a bit of a gimmick,
The jump is a complete gimmick and adds nothing to the racing - it does however give some good photo opportunities. Again I think the current jump works a lot better than the 'jump' they had previously where the joker rejoined Chessons.